Health Care Access
Charlotte Center for Legal Advocacy seeks to ensure that low-income children, seniors, people living with disabilities, immigrants and their families have fair access to vital health care and public services.
Our services focus on:
- Accessing quality health care for children and their parents in low- and moderate-income families through Medicaid, the Children’s Health Insurance Program and implementation of health reform
- Improving health care and income support for seniors and people living with disabilities, with a focus on issues involving Social Security, SSI, Medicaid and Medicare, and on improving mental health and developmental disability services, access to in-home services, care in nursing and rest homes, access to community-based care, services to people living with HIV/AIDS, and managed care
- Children’s Health Insurance Program
- Quality nursing and rest home care
- Veterans benefits
- Mental health services
- Health care access and health insurance
- Home and community services
- Developmental disability services
Systemic advocacy and community outreach
Charlotte Center for Legal Advocacy represents individuals and families who contact us for assistance. We utilize systemic advocacy strategies to change the rules, procedures and practices of federal and state agencies to ensure access to health care and public services for all people. We maintain a strong collaborative relationship with local and state agencies.
Charlotte Center for Legal Advocacy assists legal services firms and other advocates throughout the state. We provide ongoing training, individual assistance and
Our health care program focuses on the representation of Mecklenburg County residents who earn less than 200% of the federal poverty standard, but we also accept residents in Union and Cabarrus Counties in the priority areas above – to the extent resources permit and Charlotte Center for Legal Advocacy is the most appropriate legal representative.
Apply for benefits and services online: https://epass.nc.gov
Public Charge: What Families Need to Know
Immigrant Access to Health Insurance & Nutrition Programs
Inmigrantes: Seguro de Salud y Programas de Alimentacion
CLASP Presentation: Immigrant Access to Health Care in N.C.
Health Insurance Options for Immigrant Families
Seguro Medico para Familias Inmigrantes