Charlotte Center for Legal Advocacy is partnering with My Care Counts to learn how Medicaid has impacted North Carolinians.
This is your opportunity to share your Medicaid experience – good or bad – and how having or not having Medicaid has made a difference in your life.
Why does this matter?
There’s value in your story. You have the opportunity to affect policy and make real change by submitting comments, sharing your experiences and encouraging others to share.
What will happen to my story?
Your story will help identify problems and successes that can be used for advocacy to improve Medicaid. Stories like yours, collected by My Care Counts across the country, will help in the fight to secure health access and equity for all people and communities.
How do I get started?
- Reflect on your entire “Medicaid experience.” Think about:
- How easy was it to apply?
- Were you able to access services in your language?
- Were you able to receive the services you needed? Did you experience difficulty getting services or was it easy?
- Do you like having Medicaid?
- How has Medicaid improved your health?
- How could having Medicaid impact your life?
- Do you ever feel that you did not receive services you needed or were treated unfairly because of your race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, language or other identity?
- Think about what you want to share, and find a quiet place to record your thoughts. If you can record a video, simply have your smartphone or recording device ready. Click here to get started: https://bit.ly/medicaidstory.
- If you would rather talk to someone over the phone, write your story or record only your voice, call 980 202 7334 to learn more.
No story is too short or simple to make a difference. Thanks for sharing yours.
CUÉNTENOS SOBRE SU EXPERIENCIA CON MEDICAID
Estamos recopilando historias de las personas más importantes para Medicaid: ¡usted! Su historia nos ayudará identificar problemas y éxitos que se pueden utilizar para mejorar el programa de Medicaid.
Haga clic aquí para más información.